Discover the story of Disneyland, Walt Disney's visionary theme park in Anaheim, California. This visual history includes stunning colour photographs, concept drawings, and ephemera from the historical collections of the Walt Disney Company and the golden age of photojournalism, to trace the park’s development, from Main Street, U.S.A. to Tomorrowland.
Magic in the details...
- Walt Disney dreamed for decades about opening the ultimate entertainment venue, but it wasn't until the early 1950s that his handpicked team of artists, architects, and engineers created one of the world's most beloved destinations
- Today, there are Disney resorts from Paris to Shanghai, but the original Disneyland in Anaheim, California, which has been visited by more than 800 million people to-date, remains one of America's most popular attractions
- From the day it opened on July 17, 1955, Disneyland brought history and fairy tales to life, the future into the present, and exciting cultures and galaxies unknown to our imaginations
- This bountiful visual history draws on Disney's vast historical collections, private archives, and the golden age of photojournalism to provide unique access to the concept, development, launch, and enjoyment of this sun-drenched oasis of fun and fantasy
- Disneyland documents Walt's earliest inspirations and ideas; the park's extraordinary feats of design and engineering; its grand opening; each of its immersive 'lands' from Main Street, U.S.A., to Tomorrowland; and the park's evolution through the six decades since it opened
- It is a treasure trove of original Disney documentation and expertise, with award-winning writer Chris Nichols drawing on his extensive knowledge of both Disneyland and Southern California history to reveal the fascinating tale of 'the happiest place on Earth'
- Chris Nichols is a writer and historian specializing in Southern Californian architecture and culture. He is the author of The Leisure Architecture of Wayne McAllister and a long-time historic preservationist whose work has been profiled in Smithsonian magazine, The New York Times, Los Angeles Times, and LA Weekly.
The bare necessities
- 328 pages
- H32.5 x W24cm approx.
- Written by Chris Nichols
- Published by Taschen
Free UK Standard Delivery on orders over £50
1)Get a Dumbo soft toy for £12.50 (usually £21) when you spend £10 or more. 2)Product item numbers are: 412311759414. 3)Available online at www.shopdisney.co.uk 4)Offer valid between 06.04.2021 to 16.05.2021 (inclusive) or until stocks last. 5) Discount will be applied at the checkout. 6) Items must be purchased in one transaction. 7) The Offer does not apply to purchases made before or after the Dates. 8) No purchase voucher can be given for this offer. 9) We reserve the right to terminate this offer at any time if Terms and Conditions of the offer are not fulfilled. 10)Nothing in these Terms and Conditions shall be intended as precluding the exercise of your statutory rights. 11)Your participation shows that you have read and agreed with the terms and conditions of the offer. These terms and conditions are subject to English law.